Monday, August 01, 2005

IPA Brew Day.

Well we finally brewed the IPA last Sunday and it went very well. I started the yeast starter on Friday night and by Sunday it was more than ready to use. The entire brewing process took about 5.5 hours and went very smoothly. My neighbor Dennis came by to lend a hand and have a few brews as well. 24 hours have gone by, and the fermentation has really taken off! It smells great too. And what better way to conclude and celebrate America Beer Month by brewing the beer of the week, the IPA! What a way to go.

I have just added the last of the sugar syrup to the peach wine. I also had a small sample, and it tastes great but a bit young. This wine has a ways to go before I can even offer it to someone. Fermentation should resume within the next 24 hours. I will let it ferment out and clear, (around 3 months), then rack it into a secondary 3 gal carboy for further conditioning, and maybe we can get it bottled in time for Christmas! This wine should be aged in the bottle for as long as you can stand to look at it! (we're talking months here) and then some!!

Plans are on the calendar to brew the Scottish Classic Red Ale for this coming weekend, weather permitting. We'll be using a partial mash schedule, and I'll be posting the directions and the recipe soon. I am also drafting plans for an E-Book that I will be authoring soon. It may take a while to get it all together, so don't hold your breath!
Well...gotta run...and please feel free to leave your comments!
cheers!

1 Comments:

Blogger PeterNZ said...

Hiya Wottaguy,

just wanted to say Hi! from the "Land of the Long White Cloud" (Aotearoa aka New Zealand) Found you blog via www.technorati.com.

Keep brewing mate!

Cheers

Peter

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home