Friday, September 03, 2010

Brewing With Jeremy

Well, last weekend was very busy! I visited my friend and fellow brewer Jeremy last Friday night to observe him brewing his Pompous Ass ale. We also had plenty of great samples to enjoy.

On Sunday I brewed up an IPA which is I hope an attempt to clone Bells 2 Hearted Ale. My friend Brad was on hand and was of great assistance. We have been trying to brew a close replica of this fantastic brew for a couple of sessions now and we feel we are getting very close. We'll brew a batch...then get together to do a sampling and critique session, then discuss ways to improve the beer and how to get it closer to our desired end result. Brad brewed it first, and now I have brewed it with the changes we made to the first brewing of it. The brew is still fermenting as I type, so it's going to be a while before we get the taste our results.

On Sunday evening I attended our brew club's monthly meeting ( Volusia County Home Brewers Guild ), and that is always fun!

Now...on this Saturday, I'll be over at Brads place assisting him with the brewing of one of his Porters. This guy brews a great Porter by the way. After the morning brew session, we'll be having a cookout and will be enjoying his latest beer....his Danish Lager for the first time! Can't wait to taste that lager.

On Sunday we have a family get together to celebrate my stepson's birthday and also my birthday! Yeyyy! another BBQ!

Then on Monday I travel to Ormond Beach to David's place to assist him with his brew session and to help him get rid of some left over BBQ he's going to have left over from the BBQ contest he's going to over the weekend.

Pheeewww! What a weekend coming up! I'm also planning on racking the Peach Ginger Melomel off the lees and into a clean and sanitized carboy to allow it to sit for a few months. You know I'll be sneaking a little taste of that! I have to wash my wine bottles and get them ready for the White Grapefruit Wine that needs to be bottled. I'm thinking of bottling that over the weekend if I have the time and energy.

Here's a couple of pics of Jeremy's brew session:

Here's Jeremy checking the temperature of the strike water.



Dumping the strike water into the mash tun:

Mashing in the grain:



Here's a couple of shots of my Sunday morning brew session:

Mash Tun doing it's thing!


Boiling the wort and softening the Amber Extract to be added to the boil:


19 hours after pitching the yeast, fermentation is in full bloom:


Well that's it for now....I'll be posting about this weekends events real soon!
Thanks for stopping by! Have a safe and fun Labor Day weekend!

(_)3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home