Monday, August 08, 2005

Volcanic Eruption and Bathtub Beer!





















Well the Scottish Strong Ale has been brewed as of last Sat. and it was a lot of fun to create! I first created a 1/2 gal yeast starter on Thurs night, and when it was added to the primary fermentor it took off like a rocket! The picture on this post was taken less than 12 hours into the fermentation and I had to remove the air lock and add a blow-off tube! Today I have taken the blow-off tube off and replaced with the air lock. It is really chugging along! On the other pic, it show the IPA that was brewed after I racked it into the secondary (5 gal carboy). I use the second bathroom's tub in our home to keep the fermentating temp at 70 deg F. The home is air conditioned at 74 deg F and having the carboys wrapped with wet towels, the temp stays at 70 deg F! Just perfect! With this last brew session, I will have a total of 20 gallons of beer on tap soon and of 4 different styles! I still have room for more, and I will continue to brew the backup beers as we go along. the Oatmeal stout will be next, and I will keg this brew into (2) three gallon kegs that I have just purchased. This will allow me to have one 3 gallon keg on tap while the other can be put away for future consumption. The wife is wanting me to make some root beer for her, so I guess I better do that real soon!
Well that's about all I have for now. Until later....
nos strovia! (sp??)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home