Monday, February 04, 2008

Bob and his Phat Tire!

Hi again!

I had a good weekend and went over to my brew friend Bob's house yesterday to assist in his brewing of a 5 gallon batch of a Phat Tire Clone that he got as a kit from an online brewing source. Bob has upgraded his system and has added a pump, 2 heat-sticks and a temp controller to keep an eye on his temps. (I guess that my ideas are rubbing off on him..LOL). Sorry Bob!!
Anyways, we had a great session and it went real smoothly too. The session lasted 6 hrs from start to finish including clean up! We started at 8 AM and I was home by 2:45. (I live about 30 minutes from him or so).

Also, I have decided to provide a monthly newsletter featuring homebrewing news from around the planet, tips and techniques, product reviews, interesting brewing related websites and other helpful types of information for homebrewers of all experience levels. Please consider to sign up for the newsletter and feel to ask questions! I will not share anybody's email information with anyone or any company and you can opt out at any time. I will start delivering the newsletter when I get at least 15 people signed up. I just started it this week. If you have any questions about the newsletter and or suggestions for some of the content, please feel free to ask.

In the meantime, here's a few pics of yesterday's brew session at Bob's place!
A side shot at Bob's updated home brewery.
Here's another angle of it. Note the new plumbing and other upgrades!

Here's a shot at my malt mill that was used to crack the grains.

Below you can see the HLT full of water being heated to the desired temperature by 2 homemade Heat Sticks make by Bob. They work very well!

Here's Bob displaying one of his his homemade Heat Sticks!

A peek under the hood of the mash tun reveils the sparging in progress.

Here's the wort coming up to a boil.
Chilling the wort. The cooler has a bunch of ice and water and the cold water is circulated
by a small aquarium pump inside the cooler, through the wort chiller then back to the cooler.


Racking the cooled wort into the fermenter.


Notice how clear the wort is!

Well that's all for now...please consider signing up for the new newsletter..and as always, if you have any questions....please ask! I'd love to hear from you!
Cheers...
(_)3















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home