Sunday, March 25, 2007

Brew in the Park Day!

Yesterday was our club's (Central Florida Home Brewers) annual "Brew in the Park" event. I have been told that we had at least a dozen home brewers on hand forging their craft, and that we produced a total of 115 gallons of beer! Brad and I were responsible for 14 gallons. We made a nice IPA that took 29.5 lbs of grain,and had a SG of 1.066. There was a total of 8 ounces of hops in this baby, and it was a real joy to brew too!

We had a real good variety of brews being made...Marzens, Porters, American Pale Ale, an English Pale Ale, IPA's and a few others as well! We had a great turn out and the club's president stated that this was the best turn out ever for this event! I had a great time as well and it was a lot of fun to see what the other members of the club were brewing on and making.

I did have an accident and smashed my 6 gallon carboy while rinsing it out and getting it ready to fill up. A fellow member that lives close to the park Mitch, went home and brought another 6 gallon carboy for me to borrow. Thanks a million Mitch! I'll get it back to you soon!

Below are some pics of the event as I saw it. I wish I had taken more, but I was a bit busy brewing!

Thanks for stopping by,
Cheers! (_)3



A nice SS setup controlled by 3 PID's. It was
this brewery's maiden run! All SS plumbing too!



Another approach, a 3 tier gravity system.



Here's my system. That's Brad explaining the
concept behind our madness!!


Here's Vic brewing up a traditional English Bitter!
(Vic is in the blue shirt)



Here's nationally recognised brewer Mark Williams
tending to his system. He makes great beers!



Another 3 tier system. They seem very popular!



Here's Mitch doing his chores.



Where's the elevator??



The most elaborate brew system there. It is a beauty!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home