Tuesday, February 20, 2007

New Pics!

Hey...!!
Here they are as I promised, a few new pics and a peek of my newly updated brewery. I brewed a Northern English Brown Ale last Sunday and the session went great! It was a 10 gallon batch and it is fermenting like crazy at 67 degF. I really love my new conical and the cooling coil that I installed to make it happen. It sure beats spending hundreds of dollars for an externally cooled version from any one of the online brewshops that are around, and to my knowledge I have not seen or heard of anyone with a FerminChiller like mine. It works perfectly and holds the temp to a +/- 1 degF! Just perfect! I can even brew lagers in it! I house the conical in the home built insulated fermentation chamber (the big blue box) on the left side, and keep my kegs on the right side for storage. Its very handy for me and a great place to store a bunch of brew! If anyone has any questions at all about any of my brew items, please feel free to ask! Here's some pics of the recent brew day. In future writings, I'll be explaining in detail each vessel and step that I use to make my beer along with a few recipies and some reviews of some great brewpubs and breweries that I have visited and the beers that I love to drink. Enjoy the shots!



Cooling and whirlpooling the wort.

Transferring the cooled wort to the fermenter
Another satisfied customer!
The fermenter ready to do its thing!
Here's where the ice bath goes. it is circulated by an aquarium pump!
The transportable Boil Kettle!
Fill her up!
Shot of the fill tube.
The sparge setup using a pump. It works great!
Boiling the wort.
My trusty Barley Crusher.

Full view of the brewery.
And a full frontal view as well! Oh BABY!!! LOL!
This mash tun ROCKS. Holds temps forever!
Holding the mash at 153 degF




L8R! Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home