Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Racking of the Wine


Well I finally racked off the Peach Wine yesterday and it is tasting awesome! The SG was at 1.006 but I decided to rack it off and get it off the lees. The last thing we need is off flavors from the spent yeast and lees. The picture shows the wine in the secondary carboy after racking. It will remain there until more sediment is thrown then we will rack it off again. All the sugar syrup is in now so it becomes a waiting game at this point.

Howies Celebration and the New Castle Clone have started their second week of cold conditioning in the kegerator and will be ready to try out soon. Hopefully just in time for my birthday which is on Sept 7th!

Also, the IPA and the Scottish ale is still under their secondary fermentation cycle, with the IPA it is week 2, and the scottish ale it is week 1.

I am plannning another batch or two of wine to be made as well but I am undecided as to what kind to make. Maybe a nice Zin and a Merlot. We'll see.

Well thats it for now...
Keep brewing and thanks for stopping by!
cheers!

1 Comments:

Blogger Wottaguy said...

Hi Kent!
Thanks for the kind words and for stopping by! You are welcome to post my url on your blog too. I hope that you and your friends find some value here and if you guys ever have any questions about brewing or equipment, please feel free to ask. Would you mind sending me the url to your blog?


Thanks again!

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home