Friday, February 16, 2007

I'm Back!!!

Hi everyone...1 million apologies for the huge delay in my postings. Please forgive me!

A LOT has happened in my life during this time of absence and I hope that all of you will understand. We had our house up for sale a while back..but the market came to a sudden stop, so we cancelled our plans. This was after fixing up the homestead and packing up the stuff...brewery included. Very sad. Anyways, we did not move as planned and have decided to stay here in FL for a while more.

I have decommissioned the old 5 gallon brew setup and have been spending most of my time [and $$$] on putting together a new and improved 10 - 20 gallon capacity brewery! I have finally finished and have actually used it for the first time 3 weeks ago too. I calculated efficiency at 80% which made me very happy to say the least. I have not taken any photos of the new setup, but I will do that this weekend when I brew one of my favorite styles, a Northern English Brown Ale. I will have all kinds of photos for everyone to gawk at sometime next week.

My wife was so tired of looking at and tripping over carboys in the tub and shower, that I had to build a fermentation chamber and host it in the garage. More on this in future postings, but it did take a while to build. I also broke down and purchased a stainless conical fermenter to house my 10 gallon sessions. Its full of pale ale right now, but I am going to keg that tomorrow! Pics are coming...i promise!

I also helped my friend and fellow brewer Brad to configure his brewery after a long period of non-brewing for him. We get together often for brew talk sessions and real brewing sessions. He's a great guy and a lot of fun too! More pics of his brewery setup coming soon too.

I must say that it is real good to be back in the saddle again! Please put this blog on your active list as it will be updated on a more regular basis from now on.

I have all kinds of stories and pic's and brewpub reviews to write about, and a few articles on a gadget or two that I have made for my brewery.

That's it for now though...I'll post some pics real soon as I will be kegging tomorrow and brewing on Sunday!

Cheers!

Ron S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home