Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Phat Tire Update

Well...!

Bob gave us this update to his Phat Tire Clone that he brewed last week, and he says the fermentation went a little slower than expected. It was probably due to the type of yeast that was used. Anyway's, he decided to harvest and wash the yeast for more brewing sessions to experiment with, (I hope that he saved me some) and sent me these pics to share! Looks like he did a great job wth his yeast collection effort!

Mean while...I got around to kegging the 10 gallons of German Pilsner and also racked my 3 gallon of Red Table Wine into another carboy, and added some Bentonite fining to help it get cleared out. The wine has to sit about 10 to 14 days until I rack it again, then I'll have to run it thru a filter and add some Potassium Sorbate to inhibit any further fermentation, then bulk age it for a month or so before bottling. The wine tasted really nice and my neighbor who lives across the street liked it a LOT too! I promised to save him 2 bottles of the stuff! It won't be ready until August or so, but the wait will be worth it!

The German Pilsner is now lagering at 33 degF and will be ready to carbonate and bottle in about 6 weeks! Sorry, but I was too busy to take pics of the kegging and all....maybe next time!

I am once again reconfiguring the brewery to accomodate the new boil kettle and mash tun set-up, and am fabricating new covers out of plastic that I had ordered. I'm in the process of making a circle cutting jig for my router, and i'll be taking some pics of that soon. I'll have them for the next post.

Below are the pics of Bob's yeast harvest.

Enjoy,

(_)3






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home